Tails 3.10.1 Live Boot ISO
Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly. It is a complete operating system designed to be used from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card independently of the computer’s original operating system.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
• all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
• leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
• use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
This release fixes many security vulnerabilities.
You should upgrade as soon as possible.
Upgrades and changes
- Hide the PIM option when unlocking VeraCrypt volumes because PIM won’t be supported until Tails 4.0. (#16031)
- Rename the buttons in the confirmation dialog of Tails Installer to Install (or Upgrade) and Cancel to be less confusing. (#11501)
- Update Linux to 4.8.
- Update Tor Browser to 8.0.3.
- Update Thunderbird to 60.2.1.
- Prevent Tor Browser from leaking the language of the session. (#16029)
- Prevent Additional Software from asking to persist packages which are already configured as additional software. (#15983)
- Prevent Tails Installer from crashing when issuing an error message with international characters (non-ASCII). (#15166)
- Fix the VeraCrypt support for multiple encryption (cascades of ciphers). (#15967)
- Harden the configuration of
sudoto prevent privilege escalation. (#15829)
For more details, read our changelog.
None specific to this release.