Tails 3.13 Live Boot ISO (x64)
Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly. It is a complete operating system designed to be used from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card independently of the computer’s original operating system.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
• all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
• leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
• use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
This release is an emergency release to fix a critical security vulnerability in Firefox.
It also fixes other security vulnerabilities. You should upgrade as soon as possible.
Upgrades and changes
- Add support for the Bopomofo input method for Chinese using the Chewing library and improve support for the Pinyin input method.
- Save a backup of the configuration of the persistent storage every time it is modified.This will help us understand and solve why sometimes all the settings of the persistent storage disappear.
- Update Tor Browser to 8.0.7.
- Update Tor to 0.3.5.8.
- Update Thunderbird to 65.1.0.
- Update Linux to 4.19.28.
- Update the Intel microcode to 3.20180807a.2, which fixes more variants of the Spectre, Meltdown, and Level 1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) vulnerabilities.
- Prevent Additional Software from downloading packages that are already saved in the persistent storage.
- Fix the localization of Tor Launcher, the application to configure a Tor bridge or a local proxy.
- Fix accessibility when opening Tor Browser from a desktop notification.
- Fix WhisperBack crashing when additional APT repositories is configured.