Tails 3.11 Live Boot ISO
Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly. It is a complete operating system designed to be used from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card independently of the computer’s original operating system.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
• all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
• leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
• use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
This release fixes many security vulnerabilities.
You should upgrade as soon as possible.
Upgrades and changes
- Add a confirm dialog between downloading and applying an automatic upgrade to control better when the network is disabled and prevent partially applied upgrades.
- When running from a virtual machine, warn about the trustworthiness of the operating system even when running from a free virtualization software.
- Disable Autocrypt in Thunderbird to prevent sending unencrypted emails by mistake.
- Update Linux to 4.18.20.
- Update Tor Browser to 8.0.4.
- Update Thunderbird to 60.3.0
- Fix the opening of Thunderbird in non-English languages.
- Reduce the logging level of Tor when using bridges.
None specific to this release.