Portable Victoria for Windows 5.23
Victoria for Windows is a robust HDD information and diagnostic utility. Victoria for DOS also available.Victoria for Windows is designed for diagnostics, research, speed testing and minor repair of hard drives (HDD), SSD drives, memory cards, and any other drives in the Windows operating system.
Since Victoria is an HDD information and diagnostic utility at its core, it has the same functionality as its counterpart for DOS. But it also has some benefits, like low CPU load, more convenient user interface, multitasking, and multithreading. A powerful HDD surface scanner is built into the program, which allows you to diagnose the drive for the presence of bad sections, floating defects, and interface errors. Victoria for Windows can test most drives at top speed, regardless of their type. A unique feature of the scanner is the use of special algorithms for automatically setting timeouts and block size, which makes it possible to check both slow and fast disks effectively.
Track your hard drive’s well-being
This application was designed to help you assess the performance of your hard disk drive by providing you with a wide range of useful insight data, but it can also be used to test for minor issues and even repair them if possible.
Among the details the app is able to analyze you can find the hard disk’s model, disk size, features, and total size, but also more advanced ones such as S.M.A.R.T. attributes (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology), including the raw read error rate, number of spin-up times, seek error rate, start/stop count and power-on time.
As mentioned above, you can use Victoria to perform surface scans on your HDDs in order to identify potential issues. Each sector that’s subjected to the scan is marked according to its performance index.
The application is able to ignore, remap, erase or restore the data in sectors where errors were detected, providing you with several possibilities regarding the course of action you want to follow in this situation.
Simple configuration menu
If you’re the tinkerer type, you might want to adjust some of the application’s settings, which can be easily done by accessing the “Setup” tab in the main window of the program.
Some settings regarding the program’s functionality and interface are recommended for advanced users. These include the timeout length for various procedures, some common presets and passport options, but also some settings that are related to the surface scanning.
The interface has been radically changed:
- The main menu and toolbar appeared.
- The form can now be expanded to full screen and the dimensions of its parts can be set arbitrarily. All settings are saved.
- The speed limit is increased to 9800 MB / s, and the number of graph points is proportional to its width.
- Rarely used functions are transferred to the main menu.
- The settings panel is structured. New settings added. For example, you can enable the scan to stop during fatal errors and even change the colors of some elements of the interface.
- Possibility of translating the interface into other languages. Supported encoding UTF-8.
- Translated interface elements into Russian. While it may contain errors – this is an experiment. In the future, it is also planned to translate all internal messages. Off by default in the main menu
- Added more automation, which can be disabled in the settings.
- Added launch of SMART tests with improved features from the main menu.
- An attempt was made to adapt the Extended Comprehensive SMART Error log to different Fujitsu HDD models (they have different structure addresses). This was possible on the families MHX, MHW. However, MJA has not yet succeeded – you need to do analysis and write another procedure.
- Double-clicking on the SMART log opens it in the editor;
- Added new names for SMART magazines;
- An attempt was made to automatically set the block size for the NVMe SSD.
- Added display of temperature in the passport via Smart Command Transport, and expanded the detection of the properties supported by the drive.
- The program no longer tries to get SMART on flash drives and SCSI-drives.
- IBM Super-SMART can now be tried to get not only on IBM / HGST drives, but also on any other. This was done due to the fact that HGST drives began to come across under the guise of WD, on which super-SMART can also work.
- !!! Fixed a bunch of bugs version 4.76, which list is not enough space …
- Support for drives with M.2 / U.2 NVMe interface.