Portable Cakewalk 26.05.0.039 Multilingual (x64)
Cakewalk Portable by BandLab is a standalone digital audio workstation (DAW), based on the previous Cakewalk flagship software, SONAR Platinum. BandLab is a music creation and social platform for iOS, Android, and Google Chrome. BandLab’s Mix Editor is a multitrack recorder with included MIDI instruments, a Looper, and more. Fueled by over 30 years in the relentless pursuit of innovation, Cakewalk Portable by BandLab is the new standard for the modern recording studio.
The most complete music production package
The creative experience only SONAR offered: advanced technology, effortless workflow, and an interface that amplifies inspiration.
Easily compose complete songs and performances with creative songwriting tools and instruments
Capture inspired performances with pristine quality and unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
Fix mistakes, arrange parts, and manipulate pitch, time, and any other aspect of your recordings
Achieve pristine pro-studio sounds and create big, clear, dynamic mixes with advanced mixing tools
Polish your finished mixes to perfection with built-in mastering tools
Export and publish your songs directly to YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook and more
Creativity without limits
Navigate your projects with the award-winning fully customizable Skylight Interface
Enjoy unlimited Audio, MIDI, Instrument, Loop, and Auxiliary Tracks in every project
Experience the industry-best audio engine, VST3, Touch and all the leading technologies
A World of Instruments
Whether you’re a songwriter, producer, or composer, Cakewalk by BandLab has the instruments you need to build your production from the ground up.
Studio Quality Effects
For tracking, mixing, or mastering, with FX ranging from the essential to the unique, Cakewalk Portable by BandLab has you covered. Designed to emulate the layout of an analog console, build and upgrade your channel strip with an expandable library of ProChannel modules ranging from convolution reverb, resonant filtering, dynamic compression, and powerful EQ to tape and console emulation, peak limiting, and tube saturation.
Features & Enhancements
- Dynamic waveform scaling. When ‘Display Clip Fade/Envelope Attenuation’ is enabled in Edit > Preferences > Customization – Display, Cakewalk dynamically updates the waveform amplitude when changing clip fades, clip gain automation and clip pan automation. The waveform display is pre clip FX Rack and only applies to clip automation, not track automation. Additionally, clip gain and pan envelopes are not applied to active Region FX clips. i.e. If you have a clip gain envelope on a Region FX clip, it will be ignored unless the effect is bypassed.
- The ‘Display Clip Fade/Envelope Attenuation’ option is now also available as a key binding in Edit > Preferences > Customization – Keyboard Shortcuts (under Area: Track View).
- Offline activation. Activation is the process by which Cakewalk validates that your software is genuine and being used in accordance with the license agreement. Cakewalk can be activated by an online or offline process. If Cakewalk is installed on a computer that is not connected to the internet, you can use offline activation (Help > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request and Help > Offline Activation > Import Activation Response) as long as you have access to another computer that is connected to the internet.
- Early Access toast notification. Early Access availability is checked whenever normal updates are checked, and a toast notification appears if an Early Access build is available. The Early Access Program provides pre-release versions of Cakewalk to the public for general testing and issue reporting. We provide Early Access builds to help us get better real world test coverage from users, which is useful to improve the reliability and quality of our releases. Participation is 100% voluntary.
- Increased contrast of ghosted envelopes. The color contrast of ghosted automation envelopes has been increased, making them easier to see against the dark Clips pane background when Automation Lanes are collapsed.
- Clicking on the Bus pane now automatically sets the bus focus strip. This facilitates copying and pasting bus envelopes by clicking and pasting.
- Scrollable Clip FX Rack in Inspector. FX Racks in Clip Properties Inspector now display up to 10 plug-ins and are scrollable using both mouse wheel and the scroll bar.
- Improved support for recording automation via numeric input. When recording automation, envelope nodes can now be recorded by typing a value in the pop-up edit controls in the Inspector, Console view, Track view, ProChannel EQ, and EQ fly-out module. The numeric input will be recorded as a Jump during automation recording. To show the numeric input pop-up, give focus to a control or its value display, then press F2 or double-click the value display.
- Improved recording automation of synth parameters. Multiple synth parameters can be recorded in a single record pass and all envelopes are now retained. While loop recording, in order to avoid clutter, the automation preview only shows the last loop record pass. All recording envelopes will be displayed when you stop playback.
- Improved support for copying and pasting automation envelopes. Automation envelopes can now be easily copied and pasted from tracks to buses and vice versa. To copy track automation to a bus, first select and copy the envelope from the track, then click on the target bus or lane and paste. You can also copy and paste bus automation to tracks the same way. Moving or copying arrangement sections now properly manages copying and pasting the associated bus and synth automation envelopes.
- Bus delete stability improvements. Bus deletion can now be performed while the transport is rolling without stopping the audio engine. Also an intermittent crash and app shutdown on undoing bus deletion has been fixed.
- Rename Clip key binding. The ‘Rename Clip’ command is now available as a key binding in Edit > Preferences > Customization – Keyboard Shortcuts (under Area: Track View).
- Allow .midi as a supported MIDI File extension for reading.
- The Track View’s View and Options menu items now persist globally instead of being stored within screensets.
- Automatic display of update toast notifications now only appears once daily.
Mono plug-in support changes
- This release greatly improves the FX Rack handling with respect to mixing and matching mono/stereo plug-ins. These improvements are across the board and work in track/bus/clip FX Racks, FX chains and the ProChannel.
- Bypassing or removing plug-ins in an FX Rack, Rack bypass or global FX bypass operations will now revert any mono/stereo interleave changes caused by the plug-in, and recalculate delay compensation properly.
- Changing the mono/stereo interleave from the track strip button now updates the FX Rack routing correctly (Note: this is dependent on whether the ProChannel bin is pre FX Rack and if it contains mono plug-ins).
- Pitch shifted audio and distortion were symptoms of issues that are fixed in this release. This could occur under multiple scenarios, such as moving plug-ins, bypassing, deleting or undoing.
Improved mouse wheel handling
- Console view vertical scrolling via mouse wheel is less prone to inadvertently adjusting parameter values if there is a brief pause during the scroll gesture (for example, while vertically scrolling with the mouse wheel, suddenly it starts scrolling the volume slider instead). The internal timer that waits for inactivity before treating the next mouse wheel movement as a new operation has been increased from 500ms to 1,000ms. This ensures that the current scroll operation doesn’t change mid-gesture.
- In the Console view, tooltips dynamically show values when changing parameters via mouse wheel.
- FX Racks for tracks, buses and clips can be scrolled via mouse wheel.
- Flicker free UI transitions when opening projects or switching between projects.
- When using workspaces, projects now open with the correct initial UI layout, rather than opening with the project layout and then visibly switching to the workspace layout. This is faster and prevents unwanted flicker.
- Many improvements and optimizations for editing mono effects in FX Racks.
- Improvements to drag and drop between clip and track FX racks.
- Solved multithreading race condition leading to latency when using Aggressive thread scheduling model.
- With console open in larger projects UI scrolling can be sluggish.
- Meters to have better general performance while scrolling.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 7 or higher (64-bit only)
Multi-core Intel or AMD CPU
3GB free disk space
1280×800 screen resolution
ASIO compatible hardware is recommended