DiskGenius (old PartitionGuru) – is a very useful, easy to use application specially designed to offer users a partition management and data recovery software. In addition to partition management functions such as creating, deleting, formatting partitions, it also provides more powerful functions like recovering lost files, recovering lost partitions, clone partition to image file, partition clone, disk clone, quick partition etc.
Very useful, easy-to-use application specially designed to manage disk partitions, and restore data on it. In addition to functions for managing partitions, such as deleting, creating, formatting partitions. The program provides an even more powerful features, such as restoring lost partitions, restore lost files, backup, partitions, partition cloning, cloning drive, advanced file operations, etc. The application also supports VMware, VirtualBox and Virtual PC virtual disk files. Supports SCSI, IDE, SATA drives and USB drives, memory cards. Supported file systems FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32 / NTFS / EXT3.
File Recovery and Partition Recovery
Powerful and effective function for file recovery and partition recovery helps you solve all sorts of data loss issues.
PartitionGuru is capable of recovering lost data from various storage devices, including hard drive, USB flash drive, SSD, external hard drive, memory card, memory stick, virtual disk and more.
It can construct virtual RAID and recover data from virtual RAID just like from local disks.
Efficient Partition Manager
The best partition manager provides all-sided functions for disk and partition utitilies. With PartitionGuru, you can create, format, delete, hide, resize, split, clone and backup partition, rebuild MBR, convert dynamic disk to basic disk, operate virtual disks, etc. Safely resize or split partition without losing data;
Convert partition table type MBR to GUID without damaging data and vice versa;
Support dynamic disks volume management and converting dynamic disk to basic disk;
Check 4K sector alignment for partitions and support 4K sector advanced formatting hard drives.
Disk & Partition Backup
Mighty backup and restore function is built in the program to guarantee data security, and no complicated operating steps are required.
Backup partition to image file or restore partition from image file;
Clone partition to another partition by file or copy by sectors;
Clone the entire hard drive to another disk by file or by sectors;
Clone virtual disk and its partitions.
More Useful Functions
The program offers all-around functions to improve computer performance.
Check and repair bad sectors for all kinds of storage devices, such as, hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash disk .etc.
Delete files permanently so that files can’t be recovered by any methods or tools;
Create bootable USB flash disk in case of Windows crash, and support USB-FDD, USB-ZIP and USB-HDD modes;
Edit sectors just like WinHex, which is preferred by computer professionals;
PartitionGuru Dos version is embedded with same interface and functions.
- Support to migrate current system to a new hard disk.
- Support unlock BitLocker drives.
- Support to set UEFI boot entries.
- Partition backup uses multithreading technology to improve speed.
- The default compression method for partition backup changes to Normal from Quick.
- Incremental backup supports to change compression method.
- The vmdk virtual disk created by the software can be up to 8TB.
- The Batch Format USB Disk function supports ext4 file system.
- Improve the accuracy of recovering files by type.
- Enhance the function to judge hard disk’s read-only state.
- Network disks mapped by OneDrive won’t be displayed.
- Fixed an issue that hard disk didn’t display on some computers.
- Fixed an issue that program interface didn’t display fully when Windows 10 in the multi-display mode.
- Fixed an issue on the function Convert Virtual Disk Format that loaded virtual disk couldn’t be selected.
- Fixed an issue that partition directory tree displayed partitions repeatedly after restoring from an image file which was backed up by structure or sectors.
- Fixed an issue that in some system the partition information area didn’t show partition location correctly.
- Fixed an issue that NTFS partition didn’t show files after restoring from an image backed up by sectors
- Fixed an issue that error occurred when the DOS edition restoring partition from image file.
- Fixed an issue that error might occur when reading or writing disk in Windows XP.
- Fixed an issue that the process of backing up FAT32/exFAT partition couldn’t be interrupted.