Portable HD Tune Pro 5.75
HD Tune Pro Portable is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive’s performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
HD Tune Portable is a HD/SSD utility which contains various functions ranging from drive performance measurements to securely erasing all data. It is also capable of performing disk health checks (including scanning for errors and a temperature display). HD Tune Pro adds the following functionality compared to the free version: low-level write performance benchmark, file benchmark, random access performance measurement and a cache test. It also sports a disk monitor, a folder view (which displays the disk usage per folder) and the ability to manipulate the AAM (Automatic Acoustic Management) settings. HD Tune supports HDs (internal or external), SDDs, USB sticks, memory cards, iPods, etc.
Disk drives are often overlooked when benchmarking various components, but a slow or damaged HDD or SSD can lead to serious performance issues, which is why testing them every once in a while is a good idea.
HD Tune Pro is a powerful utility that can help you benchmark your drives and discover issues that may be affecting their performance. What’s more, in addition to the features offered by HD Tune, the Pro edition can also monitor drives, analyze disk usage, securely erase files and more.
Benchmark your HDD or SSD to ensure it is not underperforming
The application can run multiple types of tests to assess your device’s performance. HD Tune Pro enables you to measure transfer rate, access time and burst rate, as well as CPU usage while transferring data.
It is also possible to perform a file benchmark using a file with a customizable length, as well as a random access test that simulates normal usage conditions by transferring files of varying sizes.
Keep a close eye on your drive’s health
HD Tune Pro monitors a range of parameters related to your storage device’s health, such as the temperature and fails count when performing various operations. These checks are performed regularly, and you will be notified if issues are detected.
Additionally, you can run a manual error scan at any time in order to locate damaged blocks or sectors. You can even choose which blocks should be scanned.
Assess disk usage, wipe deleted files and reduce hard drive noise
If you are running low on disk space, you can switch to the Folder Usage tab and run a scan in order to find and clean particularly large directories.
Privacy-minded users can take advantage of this program to overwrite the free space on their drives, thus preventing any deleted files from being recovered.
The Automatic Acoustic Management feature can help you reduce the noise made by hard drives while seeking, which can be an issue for users who have otherwise silent PCs.
Overall, HD Tune Pro is a feature-packed HDD and SDD management utility that enables you to benchmark your devices, monitor their health, manage disk usage and more. It is very easy to use, featuring an intuitive GUI, and it also comes with extensive documentation.
– The program has been designed to assess the performance of the storage devices and to offer details about the transfer rate capability. A full benchmark test can be run or just a verification of the transfer rate with a single file with custom size.
– There are about ten types of tests that can be performed to receive information about the transfer rate including the random seek, the sequential mode and the burst rate test.
– You can use the program to find out if your drive supports advanced features such as automatic acoustic management, 48-bit address or upgradeable firmware. All this information and more are available in just a few seconds without installing other complicated programs.
– The program can keep you updated on the status of your hard drive in order to detect impending device failures or an accidental data loss. You can use the program to scan for damaged blocks and sectors periodically. All the errors are highlighted in order to prevent the problems that your hard drive might have.
– If you want to know the folders that occupy most of the disk space, the program can provide you with a full report in just a few seconds by scanning the folder structure. Based on this information you can identify unnecessary files or folders and free the occupied disk space.
– An interesting feature is the ability to reduce the noise of the hard drive by using an Automatic Acoustic Management (AAM) technique. If your device supports AAM the acoustic management parameters can be adjusted through this program.
– The program is easy to use even by the casual user. It takes about 45 MB of RAM and during the error scan or the benchmark test it can use about 50% of the CPU time. It has an impact on the computer performance only during the tests and not while monitoring the hard drive and updating the disk information.
added support for JMicron NVME to USB bridge
fixed window size issue
overtemperature is shown as warning instead of failure