Portable Pixarra Pixel Studio 5.05
Pixel Studio Portable follows the key strong points from all the of the Pixarra TwistedBrush artist software products but with a focus on pixel art. This art, sometimes called retro, makes no attempt to hide pixels and sizes of images are often very small. Useful as utility for creating icons, sprites, and other small images for games and websites but also for art on its own. There is no surprise that pixel art is popular, it is simply fun!
Powerful Pixel Art Editing
The user interface of Pixel Studio Portable is designed for efficiency and elegance. Power of over a decade of development in the TwistedBrush product line brought to focus on the single task of pixel art.
Specialized ArtSet for Pixel Art
TwistedBrush has always been known for its powerful and vast collection of brushes. The same is true for Pixel Studio. The program includes a collection of brushes designed just for pixel art.
Choices are important in pixel art as in any art. Here are a few pixel drawing brushes
1. Pure pixel brush. Solid pixels are panted everywhere the cursor goes. This is a dab placement brush. Rather than drawing a line, a square or circle are drawn.
2. Anti-alias pure pixel. Same as previous but the pixels edges are smoothed.
3. Pixel brush that draws as a connected line. This is a straight line brush, solid and anti-aliased.
A remembered powerful brush in Pixel Studio is the auto mask fill brush. Draw pixels within an enclosed area without worrying about going outside of the lines. Even change colors and your area is remembered because a mask is magically created for you behind the scenes.
Quick Access Panels
The Color Management panel and the Brush Shortcut Panel are two panels you will use a lot. All the panels in Pixel Studio will automatically hide if they get in your way while painting. Manually hiding all panels is also possible with the F3 hotkey.
Quick Command Panel
The Quick Command panel gives you a configurable array of buttons you can keep close at hand while working. Resize and reshape the panel to your needs. Add, remove and move buttons to create the layout that works best for you. Quickly show or hide the panel with the[F4] hotkey. Right click to edit a button or add one to an empty slot.[Ctrl] + click to drag a button to a new location. As an added bonus there is some functionality exposed in the Quick Command panel that isn’t available anywhere else in Pixel Studio.
Pixel Studio Portable Release Note:
- Ability to hide/show individual sections for the UI panels, exposed in the View menu, Quick Command panel and hot keys!
- Webp image format support added for saving and loading.
- Insert Before Page and Insert After Page options added to Page Explorer.
- Option to create a reference image from clipboard contents. Found in Edit menu.
- Randomize Brush menu added to Brush top level menu
New Brush Effects
- Brush effect envelopes pctvar1 – pctvar10 added.
- Brush effects VM Fade In and VM Fade Out added
- Brush effects VM Peak, VM Wave, VW Saw1, VW Saw2 and VM Square added
- Brush effects VM Peak Repeat, VM Wave Repeat, VW Saw1 Repeat, VW Saw2 Repeat and VM Square Repeat added
- Brush effect Fitler Until added
- Brush effect pEmit Gate added
- Suppport the longer form extension for JPEG files, .jpeg.
- Added page width and height to the main application title bar.
- Added keyboard shortcut keys to the Page Explorer menus.
- The layer mix mode dropdown list stays open now after selecting a layer mix mode.
- Formatting cleanup of the Tool options panel.
- Brush effect pEmit Dir (and related effects) have a more consistent starting angle
- The Rnd Brh Quick Command button now triggers the random brush generation that is tied to the Brush Control panel
- The brush effect, Dab Move Pos now will not draw on mouse up events
- Spac Cen Pro brush effect leads to brush envelopes not properly working for that brush.
- Loading a PNG with transparency not updating the layers panel properly.
- The page scroll in Page Explorer is skipping 3 pages of images, it should skip to the next page.
- PSD loading and saving isn’t working in some cases.
- Formatting issues on many popup message boxes.
- At start the tool options panel was displaying when it should not.
- Resize Image dialog not defaulting to an algorithm.
- Brush filters not setting default values in the filter dialog.
- Lua based filters not working correctly for brush filters.
- Slider position not tracking properly
- Randomize feature in Brush Control is not considering the range of the slider properly