Portable PaintStar 2.70
PaintStar Portable is a versatile digital image processing software suitable for such tasks as retouching of photographs, composing and authoring images, image morphing, screen capture, and displaying image thumbnail in Windows Explorer context menu. It supports alpha, layer, path ,and the most common editing techniques. PaintStar has many of the tools and filters you would expect to find in commercial offerings, and some interesting extras as well.
Load pictures of various different formats, use customizable brushes to paint or tweak areas, apply multiple effects, and work on different layers for more comfort
Image editing became a common thing now, with the various socializing networks almost begging you to upload as many pictures as possible. However, editing can also be done in order to enhance pictures that need to be used for other kind of visual elements, and one application you can use in this regard is PaintStar.
Neat interface and file support
The visual design of the application aims to allow a bit of flexibility. This is because all tools you get to work with, including the canvas itself, are stored in different windows you’re free to arrange on the desktop as you see fit.
File support is pretty impressive, and you can load some common and even lesser known types, either by relying on the built-in browse dialog, or dragging them over the main window. What’s more, file support doesn’t just limit itself to loading them, but also for export, which means the application can also be used to simply convert pictures to a different type.
Work with layers, and apply different effects
The default tool windows that show up already convince you that PaintStar means business. In other words, variety of features lives up to expectations, with a whole lot of different brushes and customization options for size, style, and transparency, not to mention the color palette that’s neatly structured with different groups, or the plain pallet for manually picking the right tone.
You’re encouraged to completely rely on the application even for advanced editing tasks. As such, you get to work with multiple layers that you can later on blend according to different algorithms, or simply toggle visibility to edit some specific elements easier.
Objects can be created using several dedicated tools. Moreover, you can attribute textures to each, and the application contains a decent amount of built-in presets. Furthermore, the result can benefit from effects ranging from simple color manipulation and blur, to morphology, edge detection, artistic, distorts, and more.
A Brief List of Features
- Full suite of painting tools including paintbrush, pencil, eraser, airbrush, filter brush, color retouching, blur/sharpening,smudge,and cloning. Many customizable brushes, textures, gradients, and 26 methods of combining modes suppported.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, perspective,flip,and wrap. Auto antialias supported.
- Image Morphing supported. With this technique, you can create a sequence of intermediate frames that seamlessly transform one image to another and generate output in a form of gif animation or image file sequence.
- Gradient Fill tools include linear, radial,square,conical(symmetric),conical(asymmetric) and shapeburst. Multiple colors supported.
- Selection tools including rectangular, elliptical, free, fuzzy and paths. Add, subtract, invert, antialias and feather selections supported.
- Zoom10% – 2000% display, and show grid supported.
- More then 30 File formats supported include JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, BMP and many others.
- Color conversion supported include several different dithering methods and palette options.
- Alpha channel (transparency) supported.
- DisplaysHistograms (RGB, HSV, HSL, CMYK).
- DisplaysEXIFinformation. EXIF 2.2 supported.
- TWAIN supported for scanners and digital cameras.
- MultipleLayers, 26 methods of combining modes suppported.
- MultiplePaths supported. You can add,delete,insert point to the curve and adjust point in the curve just like vector drawing programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw.
- Multiple Undo and Redo supported. You can set up the number of Undo’s from 3 to 99.
- More than 100 Filters/Effects.Application of 3×3 filters supported.
- Screen capture supported.You can capture selected or fixed regions of the desktop, as well as active windows or individual controls (menus, dialogs etc.), which can be easily selected by an on-screen indicator which outlines the area to be captured.
- Displays thumbnail of selected image in Windows Explorer context menu just like ACD System Picaview.