Portable PhotoLine 22.52 (x64)
PhotoLine Portable is a full featured image editor with support for text, vector and image layers. In addition to the standard editing features, it supports 16 bits per channel, CMYK and Lab as well as color management with ICC profiles. The include image browser supports IPTC and EXIF data display and editing, batch conversion, HTML gallery output, batch renaming and more.
The interface of the program is familiar and easy to navigate through. You can use either the file browser or “drag and drop” method to import pictures.
So, you can use basic graphic editing tools, such as magnifier, circle, vector drawing, color picker, crop, text, eraser, mask, copybrush and flood fill.
But you can also apply filters (e.g. sharpen, blur, quality, digital camera, stylize) and effects (e.g. mosaic, lights, projection, emboss, tear paper).
In addition, you can use undo, redo and search functions, zoom in and out, enable pixel mode, mark extreme values, change the document layout (e.g. scale, rotate, trim), create a barcode, merge the active layer with the background layer and make image adjustments (e.g. invert colors, hue, saturation, color balance).
Furthermore, you can enable PhotoLine Portable to create a backup file when saving and to ask to work with the saved image, configure PDF settings (e.g. resolution, text and image compression), use the system mouse cursor, set the color of the transparent area, adjust the mask color intensity, change the screen resolution, and more.
The graphic editing program uses a moderate amount of system resources, includes a comprehensive help file with snapshots for all user levels and didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. We strongly recommend PhotoLine to all users, especially experienced ones.
– 16 bit per channel, support of CMYK and Lab
– Color management with ICC profiles
– Lossless imaging
– Process digital photos
– Retouch, correct, …
– IPTC and EXIF data handling
– Rotate images lossless
– Rename images and create catalogues
– Create HTML galleries
– Add and edit keywords
– Powerful search capabilities
– “Real” PDF Import and Export (not just a big image)
– Multipage documents
– Calendar and barcode creation
– Rich text functions
– Create Flash and GIF animations
– Web Export
– Tile images, create buttons and image maps
– Batch conversion
– Create slideshows
– Record actions
– Print multipage documents, flyers and labels
– USB-Stick support
– Multiprocessor support
- Plug-ins: Plug-in support extended
- Layers list: Layers can be copied with Shift+Ctrl/Shift+Command
- Unicode characters, Windows: If possible, a larger encoding is used
- Scripting: New operations: BorderSelection, ContractSelection, ExpandSelection, CreateLayerMask, CreateLayerMaskFromAlpha, ApplyLayerMaskToAlpha, CreateLayerMaskFromMask, ApplyLayerMaskToMask, CreateLayerMaskFromLayer, Invert.
- Plug-ins: Luminar AI crashed with placeholder layers.
- Histogram Correction, automatic limits: The Limits of current data are now used
- Layer list: After moving multiple layers, all layers remain selected
- PDF import: Various improvements
- PDF export, PDF/X3: RGB gradients were possibly saved as DeviceRGB
- Screen output: For transparent CMYK documents the output area is now pre-initialized with CMYK(0/0/0) so that overprinting on empty areas works correctly
- Layer Mask > Convert for Previous: For isolated groups a real layer mask is created now
- Layer Mask > Convert for Previous: Undo restores original name
- Effect > Effect Filter > Custom: If a preset was selected for a gray image, there was a crash
- Channel List: If a selection was created from a completely white adjustment layer, there was a crash
- Rounded rectangle, relative/absolute input: When switching from relative to absolute input, the position of the text field changed
- Layer Attributes: A changed image interpolation was possibly used only after reloading
- Line style list: Arrow width and length were not loaded after program start
- Browse, Open as Layers: Files are loaded in the specified order
- Toolbar: With a hidden toolbar, the active tool was not initialized when the program was started
- Metadata: Problem with maker notes with less than 4 characters in the manufacturer name fixed
- Convert Layer Type: If several layers were converted to placeholders, there was a crash
- DXF: Import and export enhanced (scaling, …)
- Layer tool: In the context menu of the layer tool a possibly existing numbering was cut off at the layers under the mouse
- Color > Assign Color Profile: After switching from document to layer a color profile was not assigned under certain circumstances
- Layer > Management > Save Layers: If several layers are saved, they are sorted in ascending order now
- Text layers with distortion: selection was not visible
- Lens correction: When correcting the perspective, the result did not match the preview exactly
- Symbols, macOS, dark mode: When switching to/from dark mode, the symbols are adjusted