Portable Why Cant I Connect? v1.12.3 (Repost)
“Why Can’t I Connect?” is a network diagnostic tool that makes it easier to resolve TCP/IP connection errors. Use it to diagnose connections to common server types (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL Server, FTP, SFTP, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, IRC, LDAP, Usenet) and create generic TCP/IP clients and / or servers. Maybe a firewall is blocking the requested port, the port isn’t listening, DNS isn’t returning the expected address, DHCP hasn’t supplied a local IP address, etc.
“Why Can’t I Connect?” will show the error code, error description, time, date, and where the error occurred. Diagnose and repair your home and business network with this user friendly tool. “Why Can’t I Connect?” is currently supported in Windows and Linux. Windows install executables, rpms, and debians are available as well as source code.
There is language support for Chinese (simplified character set), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish. Visit the Quick Tour for screenshots and an overview of “Why Can’t I Connect?”. Visit Help / Instructions for a more detailed explanation of the functionality.
- Network debugging
- Network diagnostics
- Email connection debugging
- Database connection debugging
- LDAP connection debugging
- Internet relay chat connection debugging
- Usenet connection debugging
- Network intrusion detection
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally freeze the application when attempting to create a secure connection with an unsecured port.
- Fixed a bug where “Advanced” sockets where not supporting secure connections.